Friday, April 22, 2011

Faith & Fortune

Update, 1/2/16 - while Jason and Jim dissolved Faith & Fortune a few years ago, what they did is next level for fashion and retail. They stand with Blake Mycoskie (TOMS), Tom Hardy, Sarah Edwards, and Sally Edwards (BLAG) as founders with purpose and style who made impact.
This just in: Faith & Fortune will be at the exceptional Governors Ball Music Festival on June 18. Besides Girl Talk, Big Boi, Passion Pit, and a series of other artists, Jim and Jason (with the help of some other people, including me) will be there selling the t-shirts and game changing attire.

Last spring, on a beautiful weekend in May, I was in Boston and its surrounding areas, to attend my brother's graduation from Babson. His MBA and time with his wife and our families were the reasons to celebrate.

And Faith & Fortune is the other reason.

My friends and loved ones know that I love me some community markets, flea markets, and all undiscovered local businesses. SoWA is a terrific combination of all those and on my search for (no surprise here) artisanal stationery, sandalwood incense, and wearable art, I encountered the founders of Faith & Fortune, Jim Grumbine and Jason Revilla. And I bought some tees. Again, no surprise. The tees and hoodies were and are a unique, beautiful, tactile combination of the ideas I live by and have tattooed on my left arm - pleasure and purpose.

Each quarter, F&F works with artists and philanthropies to bring to life on fabric the artist's work while benefiting a charity. Each quarter's collection is limited edition so when you see it, you buy it, and it captures a moment in time. It's a terrific and stylish way to wear the idea that when you get good, you can do good.

Every shirt and jacket I've purchased has become a favorite and this one I wore so much, I ordered another one. It's available for a little while longer so buy it while you're able. Men's Crest. Stunning. Speak well of Faith & Fortune (and me) when people compliment you on it. [smile]

Men's Crest $27

What Jim and Jason have done here - and you should note that these gents are PR directors and personal trainers so they have a lot of skills to leverage - is make it possible for everyone to be part of a community while celebrating artists and supporting causes that need us.

Spring is here, finally, and F&F's latest collection is available now. I've already ordered a series of tees and a hoodie. And as a thank you for following this blog and reading what's written, when you order items from Faith & Fortune, you'll get 10% off when you enter "kate10" at checkout. Here's a taste of what's on offer this season, with a percentage of sales benefiting Rock for Justice. Go here for items for men and here for the gals.
Artists should know that F&F recognizes a lot of talent by working with a series of creators. These include Deno Angelopolous, Liz Dube, Grant Hanna, and others. Who's to say that you won't be the next creative design provider whose work is brought to life?
Have a beautiful week. Support undiscovered talent and causes by looking terrific.

No comments: